Premonition or Precognition is sometimes referred to as second sight, and is a type of extra-sensory perception (ESP).
It allows those to sense and see events before they have happened, as crazy as it sounds, it can almost be described as being able to see into the future. So, the main difference is that one ability works by day, premonition, and the other by night, precognition, beyond that there is very little difference between the two.
Documented Cases of premonitions or precognitions are the Prophecies of Nostradamus and the Prophecies from the Prophets in both the Old and New Testament. Abraham Lincoln had a precognition, a dream, of his death, whereas, Winston Churchill had a premonition, a knowing, to move to another seat in his car which saved his life. There are countless others including myself who have experiences either as a premonition and/or precognition.
My first memorable of many experiences occurred around 1957 in Nevada.
- My eyes followed this fascinating train until it disappeared and noted its details to this day. The train was an upper rail system suspended high off the ground. I kept it a secret hoping to be the ‘Inventor’ but never went into this field. Then one day I watched a movie, The Firm, showing an upper rail magnetic system.
- The soundness of the Magnetrain Levitation System has been attested by the two foremost experts on magnetism in the world, Dr. Rollin J. Parker and Dr. Klaus Kronenberg. Dr. Kronenberg met Colonel Vinson, somewhat by chance and believes Colonel Vinson’s Magnetrain System is the most viable of all the existing designs. Colonel Vinson submitted for a patient and was approved in 1980.
Another form of Premonition or Precognition is Clairvoyance.
Premonition or Precognition involves knowing before an event occurs spontaneously and is not to be expected or invited, while Clairvoyance involves knowing at the time that the event occurs within a matter of seconds, minutes, months or even decades later.
If you are just beginning your journey, while learning and growing to identify your gifts/abilities and intuitiveness including Premonition or Precognition, always think before you act or speak because words spoken will not be forgotten or taken back.
Some guidelines to help you increase in your gifts/abilities:
- Find the ‘Stillness’ in your Prayers and Meditations. Select a place within your home where you go to that place with God, state your prayer/intention, breathe slowly to quiet your mind, relax and play mediation music, such as nature, rippling brook, ocean sounds, Reiki mediation, Julie True’s journaling music or select your music.
- Increase Intuition – developing your intuition is a personal journey that you must nurture and let go of any negative blockages. Negative blockages are hate, anger, unforgiveness, etc. So, ask for God’s Forgiveness within yourself then with your mind, speech, hearing and eyes, release the negative energy and replace with its positive energy until it is part of you. By releasing negativity in your life, you will bring yourself one step of many closer to developing your gifts/abilities.
- Empathy Increases – as you become aware of your intuition, you become more receptive to the emotional states of others, so, protect and shield yourself daily while trying to eliminate your stresses.
- Spiritual Protection and Shielding – use this routine to protect yourself from harboring another person’s negative emotion(s) from either the physical or spirit worlds. Visualize your body in an imaginary bubble of white light, God’s Light, which is engulf by bright, blue light, the Love of God. Finally, call upon your God for additional protection and shielding.
- Keep a Journal.
- Find a friend and/or teacher you can trust to support you along your journey.
I’d love to hear your story, so If you’ve had an experience with precognition or premonition, please share it in the comments.